Thursday, June 9, 2011

"He Ain't Got Rhythm" = A Beautiful Morning

I woke up out of sorts this morning.  Nothing was really wrong, but nothing seemed right either.  No big deal, actually...just work through it.  So I set about working on my Ritz blog when I decided to watch the YouTube clip of the boys singing and dancing "He Ain't Got Rhythm" from 1937's On The Avenue.  PURE JOY!  I've always loved this performance.  It's classic Ritz musical mayhem and a joy to watch.  My spirits were lifted and I cruised through the rest of the day.  Mood modification...courtesy of the Ritz Brothers.

2 comments:

Brian Nelson said...

I've started my mornings many times with this clip ever since seeing ON THE AVENUE--brings a smile every time!

Tim Cronin said...

Thanks for commenting, Brian. I think the musicals of the thirties are at once innocent yet sophisticated. On The Avenue is no exception. Since posting my blog comment, I have watched "He Ain't Got Rhythym" again, with the same purely happy result as before. Just as you have experienced. This is timeless, beautiful enertainment. Take care, Brian, and thanks again for posting. Tim